You’ve been able to do it all by yourself for so long – never asking for help or being less than 100% of who you could be, but now, you’re facing one of the toughest challenges of your life. You are faced with “Loss of Independence”.
- You are completely unable to perform 2 out of 6 of the daily living activities (which we will list shortly).
- You face cognitive impairment (which is simple the “mental deterioration and loss of intellectual ability”) for 90 days or more without the possibility of recovery.
As stated above, here is a list of 6 things that are considered as activities of daily living. They include:
- The inability to bathe or clean oneself.
- The ability to dress oneself.
- The ability to use the toilet facilities.
- The ability to manage bowel and bladder function.
- The ability to transfer or move oneself.
- The ability to feed oneself.
Yes! It’s a scary thing, but if you’re going through it, you don’t have to go through it alone. Remember, we’re right here to help you. So, if you are looking for life insurance or disability insurance, give us a call to discuss the wide variety of options and insurance coverage that we make available, to keep you and your family protected. Call us today!